removal & ABATEMENT
You can’t escape it entirely,
What can you do about mold?
Did you know!? There are over 100,000 different spieces of Mold, it is everywhere!
Call EMS, The Abatement & Remediation Experts! We follow all EPA guidelines keeping you safe. Before we do anything else, we come to your site and assess the extent of your problem. Just as there are all kinds of molds, there are all kinds of reasons for growth. If the assessment reveals a need for removal, we have what it takes to do it – professionally, thoroughly, and most importantly, focused on your health & safety.
The biggest breeding ground for mold is a wet or consistently damp environment – the kind typically found in bathrooms and basements.
moisture resolution is the first step of mold removal!
Once removal & cleaning is complete. A final air clearance test is conducted. Once this test is passed you may contact general contractors to complete any remaining repairs and remodeling.
Mold Removal & Restoration
RESIDENTIAL BASEMENT | WATER DAMAGE
RESIDENTIAL | DAMAGED INSULATION & STRUCTURE
MOLD A REAL PROBLEM, THE SOLUTION EMS
There are some pretty toxic molds out there. Prolonged exposure to certain kinds can bring on or worsen asthma, hay fever, and other types of allergies. If you are experiencing a Mold problem for your health and safety have it dealt with immediately before the problem gets out of hand. The expert staff at Environmental Management Specialists are trained and state-certified to remedy your mold problem safely and professionally.
“I have had several projects involving Environmental Management Specialists. They do excellent work at a reasonable and fair price. They do it with a very professional, hardworking staff, and have always met our scheduled (and often last minute) deadlines. In general, I would highly recommend EMS for your next project, because in the end, they are always on time and on budget.”
Richard K. Long
Assistant Director of Facilities,
Vigo County School Corporations,
TERRE HAUTE, IN
Is The High RH Level Because The Room Is Too Cold? Or Because There Is Too Much Moisture Present?A room’s moisture level is estimated by measuring both temperature and RH and at the same time. Example 1: The RH is 30% and the temperature is 70°F in the middle of the room. The low RH at that temperature indicates that the water vapor pressure (or absolute humidity) is low. The high surface RH is likely due to room surfaces that are “too cold.” The temperature being the deciding factor. Control strategies involve increasing the room’s temperature eliminating cold surfaces. Example 2: The RH is 50% and the temperature is 70°F in the middle of the room. The higher RH at that temperature indicates high water vapor pressure and a relatively large amount of moisture in the air. The high surface RH is a result of air that is “too moist”. Humidity is creating the problem. Control solutions involve reducing the moisture levels of the indoor air.
Call a certified Mold specialist, like EMS to assess the situation. We are ready to help you solve this problem!
Spores are easily airborne. Disturbing them incorrectly will make the situation worse and put your health at risk.
For smaller black mold problems: wear a face mask rated for black mold spore protection, cover your arms, legs, and hands to avoid contact. Before starting, lightly mist the affected area(s) with water to reduce the change of airborne spores. Clean with soap & water. Damaged areas will have to be removed and replaced, again safety to prevent airborne spreading is critical.
If you need further assistance our team at EMS will be glad to assist!
Spores Will Continue To Grow Until The Moisture Problem Is Resolved.
Prolonged exposure to black mold? Experiencing the symptoms of poisoning? From funky odd smells to feeling sick, many different signs can indicate that you might have mold.
If you have been exposed to dangerous mold, please see your family doctor and express your concerns. Full recovery from this form of poisoning takes about a month.
If you need help with a black mold problem, call Indiana’s Experts. EMS today at(260)637-9414.
From funky odd smells to feeling sick, many different signs can indicate that you might have mold. A common issue in homes and although it isn’t always dangerous. It can cause structural damage to the house and negatively impact your health when left untreated and undetected.
If you suspect that there’s mold in your living area, the best thing to do is to thoroughly address the problem as soon as you can.
Here are some signs that might indicate that you have mold, this can include a combination of the following:
- Visible Mold Spores
- Lingering Cold or Constantly Battling Flu-like Symptoms
- Musty And Damp Smells & Odors
- Unexplained Rise In Nosebleeds
- History Of Flooding
- Frequent & Worsening Headaches
- Respiratory Issues & Struggling To Breathe
- Places Where Water or Moisture Tends to Collect.
If you need help with a mold problem call Indiana’s Experts at Environmental Management Specialists at (260)637-9414.
Biocides are substances that can destroy living organisms. The use of a chemical or biocide that kills organisms such as mold (chlorine bleach, for example) is not recommended as a routine practice during cleanup. There may be instances, however, when professional judgment may indicate its use (for example, when immune-compromised individuals are present). In most cases, it is not possible or desirable to sterilize an area; a background level of mold spores will remain – these spores will not grow if the moisture problem has been resolved.
If you choose to use disinfectants or biocides, always ventilate the area and exhaust the air to the outdoors. Never mix chlorine bleach solution with other cleaning solutions or detergents that contain ammonia because toxic fumes could be produced.
Please note: Dead Mold may still cause allergic reactions in some people. It is not enough to simply kill spores, it must also be removed.
In most cases, if visible mold growth is present, sampling is unnecessary.
The EPA and other federal limits have not been set for mold or mold spores, sampling cannot be used to check a building’s compliance with federal mold standards.
Surface sampling may be useful to determine if an area has been adequately cleaned or remediated. Sampling for mold should only be conducted by professionals who have specific training in designing mold-sampling protocols, sampling methods, and interpreting results.
Sample analysis will follow, providing analytical methods recommended by the American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA), the American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH), or other professional organizations. This report will provide you detailed information about the presence of mold on the property.
The preemptive discovery & action against mold will protect the health of yourself, your family, or your employees.
The cost can range drastically based on the details of your situation. Ranging from a few hundred to tens of thousands of dollars.
However, if you can safely remove the hazard by improving your housekeeping routine, we are more than happy to help you create a plan with minimal cost.
Every site & situation is different, EMS will gladly visit your facility to review your concerns and discuss ways of eliminating and/or managing exposure to mold.
The initial consultation with EMS is FREE!
IF YOU ARE SEEKING COMMERCIAL RESTORATION
HIRING EMS WILL PROVIDE RESULTS THAT LAST.
contact our sales team today!
Reduce the dangers of lead-based paint products and ensure a healthy, lead-free environment. EMS offers expert-level lead paint & dust removal services.
Asbestos is one of the oldest materials used for fireproofing. As it deteriorates, it becomes responsible for a deadly form of cancer from heavy asbestos exposure.